Apart from wishing you happy September 1st, which was always the bittersweet first day of school for me, I have 5×3 images for you with regard to several doors in Slovenia.
1. Ljubljana Bežigrad: Let’s start closest to home, with three yellow houses in the same street. The last one is proud promotion of friend’s company that deals with disability aids.
2. We move to the centre of Ljubljana in the afternoon of the same day. These have called to me even though the cake was melting. How could I resist? The last one is Slovenian Ministry of Finance.
3. We stay in Ljubljana to go out to a hiphop show as part of Festival Urbano Dejanje. Surely there won’t be any doors there? Hm… Also, the age difference between the two rappers on the left in the last photo is 54 years.
4. Then we go to nature, away from the doors. However, a little stroll around Slavkov dom, a restaurant above Ljubljana, revealed first a door with a puzzle and then a rather hard-to-reach church. And we know that churches have doors. This time, however, they got me good. I couldn’t believe this was the only way in.
5. Okay, Kamniška Bistrica! Mountains, a river, a bridge. Should be pretty and doorless. But is it? Does it wait for me to find it like that? Should I do something with it once I find it, like in a game? Anyway, the last photo is a proof that I know how to admire a door merely from afar and leave something for the next time.
Slovenia, never a dull and doorless moment. Despite, or for this reason, everybody welcome!
Photo: a © signature mmm production