If you ask me now, the anticipation is obvious: Slovenia is winking at me. Just a little longer.
The title stems from an old Slovenian poem by Janez Menart entitled “Antisong”: Anti-avtor je zvrst bebca, anti-avion je ptič. Anti-Pepe, to je Pepca, anti-panti ni pa nič« (1979). In quick translation: “Anti-author is a sort of moron, anti-airplane is a bird. Anti-Pepe, that is Pepca, and anti-panti is nothing is all.”
The first thought upon hearing “anticipation” goes to a sweet true story of an Italian train that happened to be in anticipo – that is early – instead of in usual delay. You can read it here.
In anticipation of my photos, here is a quick salute to my posts in the week that just passed:
- there was a look at my horizons just how nature intended them to be viewed;
- reality was defined, including one dog in autumn colours;
- a sign-reading and heart-following post was born after the discovery of a CD on the road;
- Vuk-the-Wolf-Karadžić wished to remark that he was not pleased;
- the most fun was had taking these photos of a Roman shell-like staircase;
- on Thursday we went back to Caldana for more well-lived doors;
- and finally I took bestia to the beach where he ran and my lens tried to catch him.
The photos below were taken during our New Year’s holidays in Slovenia on three consecutive occasions. Let’s see what anticipates me (you will have to click on my uncle and proceed from there):
Photo: a © signature mmm production
In response to The Daily Post’s weekly photo challenge: Anticipation