Not that there were any odds to begin with, and yet I’ve come a long way. Geographically speaking.
We shall have a look at how it all began in a minute, but first the previous week on my blog. There were:
- Twelve photos from last April as part of my 2016 Calendar;
- full moon, if not the comet, and rather hilarious beasts;
- plenty of hearts from the Tarot Garden and a translation of a lovely Slovenian song for Valentine’s Day;
- two thoughts on weather and patience with images of Ljubljana’s own weather zone;
- Thursday Doors from World War territories on the border between Slovenia and Italy;
- and yesterday I had a hiphop moment with Italian and Croatian songs to photos of a mimosa tree.
And now a story of how to get even when someone brings up the odds.
I’ll never forget that typically Slovenian goodbye: “You’ll be back in no time, this will never last.” Which is not to say that we only stick together to prove wrong those who shared this opinion. With others. So gleefully. Not you, but fuck that shit. (In Slovenian it’s better: “Ne ti, ampak jebi se.”)
It will be four years since my move in two months.
Be as it may, there was not a moment in my childhood or youth that would prepare me for my eventual move to Italy. In fact, the first thing mom said when I informed her of it, was: “But you don’t even like Italians!” Not the loud, cocky, we-own-you tourists hopping around Piran, that’s for sure. But amore is a gentleman. (His comment just now when I told him I’d write this: “Why do you lie? For what reason?!”) He is also from Roma. Which is almost Napoli. All the stories you hear are true. 😀
Below, first three symbolic photos of those closest to me who I’ve left in Slovenia as hostages. These are followed by some photos from my first visit to these parts in September 2012 when I still wouldn’t believe if someone told me they were to become my new home.
So, let’s see: who would have thought that… (click on the first photo to follow the story in the captions).
Photo: © signature mmm (& 3 of me by MC)
In response to The Daily Post’s weekly photo challenge: Against the Odds