Not that I believe in horoscope, but I know my favourite kind of women: Taurus girls. It takes one to know one.
And right about now we are starting to celebrate our birthdays, with one of the Three Graces leading the way (the third one is a Fish, however, and had hers yet):
This post has three parts:
- photos of us,
- Nina’s photos of elephants,
- other people’s photos of elephants.
Photo: © signature mmm + friends
And now to elephants. Why elephants? Because you collect them in every shape and form. I know! Idea! The next time I’m in Slovenia, I will visit you and take photos of as many of your elephants that I can and then I’ll have “Elephant Tuesday”, for example, and show them all on my blog. 😀
Right now, in your honour, the entire blogging world will learn Slovenian word for “elephant” which is something completely different, namely “slon” in singular and “sloni” in plural.
Here are some photos from my sister’s visit to Thailand (just the first photo is from Laos). She says that you must URGENTLY go there one day because they love SLONI over there and you would be kept very busy trying to find them all. Here are just some she saw.
And now I’ll do something I never do and link to a whole lot of posts of other people with at least one SLON in it. Most of them I got from Jennifer Nichole Wells’ One Word Photo Challenge. Thank you all!
Taja, look how many SLOOOONI! At least one is hiding in every line. Click and explore.
- GRAHAM IS JUST MY NAME: An eye of a SLON
- GERIATRI’X’ FOTOGALLERY: Fasada with a SLON
- PROGRESSING INTO SOLITUDE: Many different SLONI, including some on a beer
- picturesimperfectblog: A SLON hat!
- CONFETTIHEELS: A visit to real SLONI
- THE NATURE OF THINGS: One real SLON and some statues
- All About Writing and more: One happy SLON
- Musin’ With Susan: One SLON in the house, one in the bush
- XingfuMama: Real SLONI in Kenya
- THE NEW 3 RS: RETIRE, RECHARGE, RECONNECT: One real SLON in Namibia
- MIDDLETON ROAD: Two beautiful SLONA (Yes, Slovenian language has dual case!)
- WoollyMuses: An eye and a nose of a SLON and some happy people under a SLON
- ALBATZ TRAVEL ADVENTURES: Artistic SLONI and one tiger-SLON
- TRAVEL387: A carving of SLONI
- Onto My Next 40 Years: A very special hand-made SLON
- LIN’S DOODLES: Very pretty blue SLONI
- citySonnet: A SLON made of glass
- MY OBT: A collection of SLONI which you can buy (if you promise to wear them daily, I will buy you those high heels! :D)
If anybody of you ever comes across a post with a lovely SLON or two, you are welcome to inform me about it. Always appreciated.
And I’ll start to think about all the different photos I’ll take of your SLONI. Yeah!