To Orvieto or not to Orvieto is not a question. I WISH EVERYBODY COULD GET A DOSE OF ITALY WHEN NEEDED.
My new friends are about to cruise into it right about now but before we see what they will encounter, let’s see what all went on on my blog in the past week or better since my last recap:
- Previous Saturday we spent in Rome’s Ostiense and Trastevere with these same friends and it was a truly happy day;
- on Monday I showed you six eyes, that is windows, of three churches in Rome and Siena;
- we returned to the stylish nature reserve Škocjanski zatok on Slovenian coast;
- then I had a couple of funky days resulting in a complaint that there’s no rain and everything’s yellow;
- for Thursday Doors we went to Montemerano near Terme Saturnia;
- this Saturday my mother had her birthday and I showed you her and that we have flowers too;
- and yesterday there were examples of my inner (dis)order for the Weekly Photo Challenge.
While bestia is chilling and waiting to meet new friends (note two bags hanging behind: one in which our West Coast friend gave us presents that reads “Giving back never goes out of style”, and the multicoloured one that amore got me for my birthday):
…let’s have a look at how it was the last time I went to Orvieto, Umbria, to meet my parents at the train station and then again after a week to see them off. No matter how much time passes in between, and no matter that the dog is 4 years old already, they still first search for him with their eyes and were disappointed that he was not with me. Grandparents. 😀
When they arrived, the light was not really there – unlike on their return – but this brings up the mood. Let’s wait for new visitors. The town itself shall remain a mystery for now. Welcome!
Photo: © signature mmm (+ the well by BM)