A fully unusual post for me to go with the extraordinary week I’m spending in my country of origin. Bring on three more, and rain.
I’m averaging 200 photos daily thus it’s hard to come to grips with them and post some sense. Plus I’m constantly out of time. Plus, strangely, my English feels rusty since I spend so much time speaking Slovenian. All in all, most excellent.
First the usual recap of the last two weeks for you to see if you missed anything and for me to feel better. There were:
- A lovely ancient bridge near The Abbey of San Galgano;
- a field of sunflowers at the end of their cycle and a visit to Orbetello;
- last year’s month of July for my 2016 Calendar;
- a compilation of Slovenian doors as an appetizer before my visit;
- the Trastevere collage for last week’s challenge;
- the first day of Slovenia in Piran when mom took me to the beach;
- a day spent traversing Slovenia to reach Maribor and its beautiful Post Office in less than three hours and the way back;
- the last Thursday Doors were from Maribor as well and included dad’s birthplace;
- and on Friday sister celebrated her big 4T.
What makes this post so unusual are the photos. They were taken with the “Sports” theme which makes camera take five photos in a row in close succession. I never play around with it, but today was so hot and the lovely water was right there at the source of the Krka river, and I felt that the only way to capture its flow was in this way.
It’s before the rain, the pressure is low, humidity is close to jungle, I dreamed that I had eight umbrellas in my suitcase, and something tells me tomorrow we’ll need them all. We are back to Piran and I had another lovely swim earlier. Bring it on.
There are five galleries. One cluster was a mistake but I post it as in illustration.
I’m so tired, sleepy and lazy that the photos are unedited and unmarked, merely reduced in size. If you keep clicking on the right arrow, the water will indeed flow. Do not watch before bedtime.
Photo: © signature mmm
In response to The Daily Post’s weekly photo challenge: Unusual