Salad is the only thing I can make beside a blog.
(Original quote has “eggs” instead of “salad” and “baby” instead of “blog” and was uttered by Prince. RIP.)
- My first blog is full. It was about a two-year three-month affair, and it was good while it lasted. It was here and it shall remain as is. This is the second edition. Just like in life, no one knows what it is store.
- I had my first blog for about a year without joining any challenges. Consequently, I had about 7 followers. I love them dearly. Later, especially after joining Weekly Photo Challenges, Norm’s Thursday Doors, Cee’s various ones and Sylvain’s SL-WEEK photo challenge, I have acquired quite a few more and I love them no less. I follow a number of blogs myself and I know what kind of temporal competition there is in this world. They all want you to notice them and visit. And sometimes you come over here. For this you have my sincere gratitude.
- The following three paragraphs are taken from my first blog because they are still true:
- I might be one of the few bloggers who don’t seem to be about community. Don’t get me wrong: I LOVE to be read and viewed, and enjoy your comments and likes, and I reply too, but I don’t wish to conform in order to get noticed more or liked more.
- In a way my blog is my scrapbook: here I collect things that I wish to see when I browse back: quotes, songs, poems, images stored to remember the moments when they were taken. And when I write, I write about what really happened.
- If anybody else likes what I like, so much for the better.
- This is a no-award blog because I don’t like nominating others. Everybody I follow are worthy.
- Wherever it says own photos, own words or own translation, it means me, Manja Maksimovič. The meaning of other acronyms, all family and friends, available on request. Lately I’ve been using “a © signature mmm production” photo credit and watermark. Must start somewhere.
ADD-IT, 4.1.2017: Losing the “production” part. Who was I kidding?
- What can you say about me at the first glance, from my theme and the feel of this blog? That I’m a split personality, or more precise, heavily bibrainal? Check. I often think that I operate out of that crack between the left and right brain. When I manage to crawl out. Anyway, the Dyad theme it is, and I’m quite fond of it.
If you wish to learn more about my preferences, here are three lists:
- While it includes many of my own favourites, the book list is compiled by your recommendations and is always hungry for new ones. Please, click to see if your favourite is already on it! And if not, amend in the comments. Thank you!
- The movie list belongs to my youth (lately I watch very few movies, if at all).
ADD-IT, 3.3.2017: Not quite true any more. Movies have been winning over books this year. Need to update this list… Especially with “Arrival”.
- The song list was put together for my first visit in Italy so that we’ll always have the soundtrack of our first meeting. There is a Slovenian, ex-Yugoslav, Italian and worldwide section.
And here is the second anniversary post of my first blog that rounds things up nicely and invites you to read my writings. For the orderly.
Welcome, all. We still make mean mental lasagna.
ADD-IT following September 2015 happenings: DAFUQ, VW????
Note on this blog’s header image: Martin Luther King mural in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Govori ljubezen – “Speak love”. Moč besed – “The power of words”. Photo: a © signature mmm production. An old blog’s post regarding this image is here.
ADD-IT, 5.3.2017: Now my blog has five randomised headers. Above is talk of just one of them. The other four are: 1. The top of St. George Church in Piran, Slovenia, with Mount Triglav in the background. 2. Sea creatures on a mural in Metelkova City, Ljubljana, Slovenia. 3. The sea at home beach in Capalbio. 4. The wow-effect of Pitigliano, Italy. If you wish to see all of them, you’ll have to refresh a lot. 😀
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.