Salad is the only thing I can make beside a blog.
(Original quote has “eggs” instead of “salad” and “baby” instead of “blog” and was uttered by Prince. RIP.)
- My first blog is full. It was about a two-year three-month affair, and it was good while it lasted. It was here and it shall remain as is. This is the second edition. Just like in life, no one knows what it is store.
- Beside this one, on May 4th 2017 I started a new, writer’s blog. It is here, it’s building slowly but I like having it separate, with the wish that my words don’t get swallowed by time. ADD-IT, 14. 10. 2017: Hmmmm, actually it’s been so slow over there that I will transform it into my regular blog when this one is full. And I’m afraid this will be soon. It’s at 80+% already.
- I had my first blog for about a year without joining any challenges. Consequently, I had about 7 followers. I love them dearly. Later, especially after joining Weekly Photo Challenge, Norm’s Thursday Doors, Cee’s various ones and Sylvain’s SL-WEEK, I have acquired quite a few more and I love them no less. I follow a number of blogs myself and I know what kind of temporal competition there is in this world. They all want you to notice them and visit. And sometimes you come over here. For this you have my sincere gratitude.
- The following three paragraphs are taken from my first blog because they are still true:
- I might be one of the few bloggers who don’t seem to be about community. Don’t get me wrong: I LOVE to be read and viewed, and enjoy your comments and likes, and I reply too, but I don’t wish to conform in order to get noticed more or liked more.
- In a way my blog is my scrapbook: here I collect things that I wish to see when I browse back: quotes, songs, poems, images stored to remember the moments when they were taken. And when I write, I write about what really happened.
- If anybody else likes what I like, so much for the better.
- This is a no-award blog because I don’t like nominating others. Everybody I follow are worthy.
- Wherever it says own photos, own words or own translation, it means me, Manja Maksimovič. The meaning of other acronyms, all family and friends, available on request. Lately I’ve been using “a © signature mmm production” photo credit and watermark. Must start somewhere. ADD-IT, 4. 1. 2017: Losing the “production” part. Who was I kidding?
- What can you say about me at the first glance, from my theme and the feel of this blog? That I’m a split personality, or more precise, heavily bibrainal? Check. I often think that I operate out of that crack between the left and right brain. When I manage to crawl out. Anyway, the Dyad theme it is, and I’m quite fond of it.
- Have a look at my blog’s sections and subsections above to get the feel of it. There are photos, mostly from Tuscany, Rome and Slovenia, and there are words. I keep it sunny with sudden spasms of sorrow.
- If you wish to learn more about my preferences, here are three lists:
1. While it includes many of my own favourites, the book list is compiled by your recommendations and is always hungry for new ones. Please, click to see if your favourite is already on it! And if not, amend in the comments. Thank you!
2. The movie list belongs to my youth. Lately I watch very few movies, if at all. ADD-IT, 3. 3. 2017: Not quite true any more. Movies have been winning over books this year. Need to update this list… Especially with Arrival. And Holy Motors.
3. The song list was put together for my first visit in Italy so that we’ll always have the soundtrack of our first meeting. There is a Slovenian, ex-Yugoslav, Italian and worldwide section.
- Here is the second anniversary post of my first blog that rounds things up nicely and invites you to read my older writings. For the orderly.
- My blog runs under the tagline
Eye spy, love speak, Volkswagen, or this is how we take word power back.
with six randomised headers:
1. Martin Luther King mural in Ljubljana, Slovenia. Govori ljubezen: “Speak love”. Moč besed: “The power of words”. An old blog’s post regarding this image is here.
2. The top of St. George Church in Piran, Slovenia, with Archangel Michael and Mount Triglav in the background.
3. Sea creatures on a mural in Metelkova City, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
4. The sea at home beach in Capalbio.
5. The wow-effect of Pitigliano, Italy.
6. Spring on a Monteverde balcony in Roma.
All header photos: © signature mmm
If you wish to see all of them, you’ll have to refresh the main page a lot. 😀 If I choose to feature a particular theme at the moment, such as Thursday Doors or Weekly Photo Challenge posts, the headers are hidden and instead the six featured posts exchange automatically every few seconds and you can open each of them by clicking on the title. In this case the headers can still be viewed in this post.
Welcome, all. We still make mean mental lasagna.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.